Individuals in business are less shackled by leaving the EU but let us remember it was the EU which destroyed our medium sized companies.
This list was sent to us by our friend Arlene Johnson from truedemocracy.net
1. Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
2. Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
3. Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant iN Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who
have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers´ pension funds.
4. Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
5. British Army’s new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain
with EU grant, rather than Wales.
6. Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
7. Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
8. M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
9. Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with EU grants.
10. Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
11. Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
12. Indesit at Bodelwyddan, Wales gone with EU grant.
13. Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the
Netherlands, with EU funding.
14. Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
15. ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were
closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
16. Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an
EU loan for the purchase.
17. DS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU ‘regeneration’ grants, created a
pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK
tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
18. UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
19. Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
20. Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
21. The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government,
using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very
late even if it does come online.
22. Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it’s Bombardier in Derby and due to their
losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though
23. Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to
their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
24. 39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies,
many of them in the EU.
25. The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His
campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was
made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move
to the Netherlands too as they have said recently. Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn’t paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK.
Name me one major technology company still running in the UK, I used to contract out to many, then the work just dried up as they were sold off to
companies from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, etc., and now we don’t even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to
I haven’t detailed the Brit non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, or the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for
more than they get paid to do nothing, don’t even go there.
I haven’t mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, or have I mentioned immigration, or the risk to our security if control of our
armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.
Find something that’s gone the other way, I’ve looked and I just can’t. If you
think the EU is a good idea,
THIS ENDED HERE.